Choosing a pediatric dentist in Grand Rapids, MI, to care for the health of your child’s teeth is an important decision. Your little one’s first impression of dental visits influences how they feel about going to the dentist in the future.
- Pediatric dentists have extra education and training specific to the teeth, health, and treatment of children.
- A pediatric dentist understands how to interact with little ones to make their dental appointments calm, comfortable, and positive.
1. A pediatric dentist chooses to work with kids.
Dentists who specialize in pediatric care receive an additional two to three years of training to learn how to treat children’s teeth. We address the unique needs of young people to ensure healthy smiles through all the stages of growth.
2. Pediatric dentists are specialists in child development.
We have expertise in each stage of children’s growth. Our highly skilled team provides the right pediatric dental services for each age with specialized techniques for behavior management.
3. Pediatric dental offices are kid-friendly.
Our pediatric dental team in Grand Rapids, MI, knows that children require a different treatment and communication approach than adults. We set up kid-friendly spaces and explain procedures to children in words they can more easily understand. We take extra care with each patient to ensure a comfortable visit.
4. A pediatric dentist can help children develop good oral habits.
We teach parents and kids the correct way to brush, floss, and maintain good oral health. Infants and children need special care instructions and toothbrushes designed just for them. With our focused expertise, parents know they get the best, most up-to-date information.
5. Pediatric dentists know how to treat children with special needs.
As highly trained experts, we can treat children who require special attention. Often young people with special needs also have a higher incidence of oral health issues. We provide quality, compassionate care for a lifetime of healthy smiles.
6. Pediatric dental offices understand age-appropriate preventative care…
Pediatric dental services focus on the importance of preventative care for children’s teeth. Routine dental visits are crucial since kids do not always brush their teeth well. We evaluate for decay and prevent cavities with regular cleanings, fluoride treatments, and sealants. From infants to teens, we understand the correct dental practices for each age and stage.
7. …and offer kid-friendly restorative care.
Choosing a pediatric dentist in Grand Rapids, MI, means finding someone with training to treat primary teeth. Baby teeth require the appropriate restorative care, as they differ from adult teeth.
8. A pediatric dentist can recognize orthodontic issues early.
During routine dental cleanings and exams, a pediatric dentist can identify potential orthodontic issues, like crowding, incorrect bites, or misaligned teeth.
9. Pediatric dentists take the stress out of dental emergencies.
Accidents happen, and we have the experience to know what to do when emergencies arise. We answer your questions, help you understand what to do next, and treat your child that day, if necessary.
10. A pediatric dentist is there for parents, too.
Children’s teeth go through many stages. It can be confusing and stressful sometimes! We are here to help you understand each phase and how to help your child practice good dental health.
We explain the procedures and benefits of the pediatric dental services we provide.
Choosing a Pediatric Dentist
Children’s teeth are constantly changing and growing and require a dentist with unique skills and expertise. At Growing Smiles, Dr. Meggan and her team provide calm, compassionate dental care designed just for kids. Contact us today at 616.988.9485 to schedule your first appointment.
Featured Image: Tuzemka/Shutterstock